Merrickville and District Historical Society was created in 1965 to preserve the Merrickville Blockhouse, which was designated a National Historic Site in 1939. The Blockhouse Museum opened in 1967 and has opened every summer since. MDHS is also mandated to preserve the special heritage of the Village of Merrickville-Wolford and the surrounding area.
Executive Committee 2018
President: Ann Martin
First Vice-President: Jeffrey Murray
Second Vice-President: Angela Beking
Past-President: Andrew McKay
Secretary: Nancy Warr
Treasurer: Michael Phillips